Big thanks to Beckie of Beckie’s Mental Mess for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Beckie’s blog is a combination of personal experience, mental health information, and her creative writing. It’s a wonderful mixed bag that you should check out. I’ve been getting to know Beckie, and she is a sweet person. 🙂
When I first came across the Mystery Blogger Award on other blogs, I thought they were for bloggers who post about mystery stories lol! But it’s not! The creation of this award is described below. This, as well as my recent Liebster Award, evoke a sense of fulfillment because other bloggers appreciate my writing.
So, what is a Mystery Blogger Award?
The creator of this award, Okoto Enigma, says “It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
(It’s still a mystery to me as to why this is called the Mystery Blogger Award, but why complain? Lol! ~Barb)
The Rules Are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog, as well as to the specific post in which you were nominated. That way, the blogger who nominated you will receive a Pingback and know that you posted your answers and will be able to read them!
- Mention the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share your link to your best post (s).
My Questions From Beckie Are:
- What inspired you to create your blog?
I wanted to battle mental illness stigma by sharing different aspects of my life as someone with bipolar and anxiety.
- What is your favorite word?
“Onomatopoeia” lol! I love the way it just rolls off my tongue!
- Hard Cover, Paperback, Audiobooks, which is your favorite to read?
E-books, actually — I couldn’t live without my Kindle!
- What is your favorite music?
- If you were to go anywhere in the world, where would that be? and, what cartoon character would you take along with you?
I’d go to an animal shelter that needs volunteers, and I’d take Scooby-Doo with me!
Three things about me:
- I’m a HUGE college football fan. I root for the Ohio State Buckeyes, because that’s where I went to grad school. My undergrad school didn’t have a football team. I’ll write a “Fun Fact” post about this in the future.
- When I decided to go back to college, it was because I wanted to be a veterinarian. That didn’t pan out.
- I had a difficult relationship with my mother. In the future, I’ll post about this, as well, but it’s hard to put the words together.
My Mystery Award Nominations (in no particular order) Are:
- The Non-Alcoholic Student
- Braving Mental Illness
- This Girl’s Got Curves
- On The Couch
- Undeniably Sara
- Stigma Unraveled
- Sunflowers in Summer
- A Mile a Minute
- A Fractured Faith
- Soul on the Mend
My Questions Are:
- How long have you been blogging?
- Who do you want to reach with your blog?
- As a blogger, you’re comfortable writing for an audience. Would you be comfortable speaking in front of an audience?
- Do you believe reading improves your writing?
- (Funny Question) Please play along, even if you aren’t a Star Wars fan. If you could, which Star Wars character would you be?
My Best Post:
I don’t know what I would consider my best post, but this is a post written in 2018 that has the most views: In the Psych Ward
Please don’t feel obligated to accept this award. There are a lot of rules to follow and questions to ponder. I’ll understand if you don’t want to do it. ~Barb