May is Mental Health Month!!!
Mental Health Facts in America
- Approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S.—43.8 million, or 18.5%—experiences mental illness in a given year.
- Approximately 1 in 25 adults in the U.S.—9.8 million, or 4.0%—experiences a serious mental illness in a given year that substantially interferes with or limits one or more major life activities.
- One-half of all chronic mental illness begins by the age of 14; three-quarters by the age of 24.
- 1 in 100 (2.4 million) American adults live with schizophrenia – 1.1%
- 2.6% (6.1 million) of American adults live with bipolar disorder – 2.6%
- 6.9% (16 million) of American adults live with major depression – 6.9%
- 18.1% (42 million) of American adults live with anxiety disorders – 18.1%
- Approximately 10.2 million adults have co-occurring mental health and addiction disorders.
- Approximately 26% (10.2 million) of homeless adults staying in shelters live with serious…
View original post 439 more words