I have it. It seems to happen every 3 or so months, and there’s nothing I can do but take a break. I’ve tried forcing myself to write in the past, and that just doesn’t work for me. So please be patient with me. I’ll be back by the end of the month. Thanks!
So You Know
. . . was created by Candace of Revenge of Eve. Each week, she will pose questions for us to answer.
From Candace (only the answers in italics are mine): This week’s questions will be a round of lighthearted questions because who really wants to think? Not this chick (Y’all should hear my chicken cawl – no really)!!
Never participated in S.Y.K? Alright then…here are the loose guidelines:
- Publish a post on your website/blog answering today’s questions OR drop your answers in the comment section below.
- Create a pingback to this weeks edition. Don’t know how? Hit me up through my Chat menu. I’ll tell ya how. It’s easy.
- Be honest.
- Do you like creamer with your tea or coffee? no, I drink both black
- What year were you born? 1969
- What things would you never pair together (clothes, objects, colors..)? plaid and polka dots
- Does color represent certain beliefs/ideas for you? red and purple remind me of the Catholic Church
- If someone is getting on your nerves, how do you handle it? Be honest. If possible, I would walk away. If not possible, I would set boundaries. If they break those boundaries, then I’d politely tell them that I need to leave.
40 odd things about me . . . Please play along! They’re fun to read!
1. Do you like bleu cheese? yes
2. Coke or Pepsi? Coke
3. Do you own a gun? no
4. What flavor of Koolaid? strawberry
5. Hot dogs? before I became a vegetarian, yes
6. Favorite TV show? currently: Chicago Fire; all-time: 30 Rock
7. Do you believe in ghosts? no
8. What do you drink in the morning? black coffee
9. Can you do a push-up? yes
10. Favorite Jewelry? bracelets
11. Favorite hobby? crochet
12. Do you have ADD/ADHD? no
13. Do you wear glasses? yes, but I mostly wear contacts
14.Favorite cartoon character? Scooby-Dooby-Doo!
15. What three things have you done today? showered, fed breakfast to the furbabies, read blogs
16. Three drinks you drink all the time? water, coffee, San Pellegrino Limonata
17. Current health worries. my poor memory and cognition
18. Do you believe in magic? no
19. Favorite place to be? Galena, Illinois, in the fall
20. How did you bring in the New Year? this year, we actually stayed awake long enough to watch a countdown on TV; most years, we’re already asleep
21. Where would you like to visit? Italy
22. Name four people that will play along: I don’t know
23. Favorite movies? too many to list, but some are Star Wars original trilogy, Ringu/The Ring, Pulp Fiction
24. Favorite color? gray
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don’t know that I’ve ever slept on satin sheets
26. Can you whistle? no
27. Where are you now? home
28. Where would you rather be: Savannah, Georgia
29. Favorite food: black bean veggie burgers, mushroom tacos, almost any kind of pasta
30. Least favorite chore? scrubbing the toilet
32. What’s in your pockets? I’m wearing leggings and a t-shirt so, no pockets
33. Last thing that made you laugh ? my dog, Rudy
34. Favorite animal? all of them
35. What’s your most recent injury? I don’t know how I injured them, but my elbow shoulder, back, and sometimes my knees and hips are very painful; well, the knee injury was from playing hockey
36. How many TV’s are in your house? 1
37. Worst pain ever? my right shoulder/upper arm
38. Do you like to dance? I used to, but not so much anymore
39. Are your parents still alive? my dad is
40. Do you enjoy camping? no
Below are the instructions on how to play along. Below that, are the quotes that go with the topic of today – Knowledge
321 Quote Me Created by Rory of A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip!
Once a week, Rory will pick a random topic, post two quotes on that topic and nominate 3 bloggers, who in turn will post 2 quotes on the topic and nominate 3 bloggers of their own.
Guidelines: 3.2.1 Quote Me!
- Thank the Selector
- Post 2 quotes for the dedicated Topic of the Day.
- Select 3 bloggers to take part in ‘3.2.1 Quote Me!’
Please Note that Rory will be reblogging your responses unless you wish for him to NOT do so. HERE ARE MY QUOTES:
- “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
- “Reading only furnishes the mind with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.” ―
I choose the following bloggers to play along:
What are your favorite quotes about “knowledge?”
Season 2 – Game 9
Welcome to Once a Week Question Fun!
An easy game, and more so if you love questions! Each game has a topic, and then there are 21 questions relating to the topic – they can be visual, musical, personal, professional, topical, serious, thought provoking, fun, weird and even wacky – the questions will cover all fields and there is no structure to follow, so it could orderly one day and completely random the next time you play!
Please Note Question Fun posts are reblogged twice a day meaning that the link is automatically broken once it’s reblogged. If you wish to award a ping back in your response, then link to …
The Topic Today Is – Musically Attired!
What was Madonna’s first UK top ten single? “Into the Groove.”
Yes or no, Miley Cyrus is the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus? Yes.
The Stratocaster is a model of which guitar maker? Fender.
Who were the famous backing singers on most of Elvis Presley’s early hits? The Jordanaires.
Who is Robyn Fenty? Rihanna.
Fingertips was a childhood hit for who? Stevie Wonder.
Who has sung variations of the song Hank Panky? The Raindrops and the Shondells.
Dionne Warwick had a famous cousin who was it? Whitney Houston.
What is Memphis famous for in 1977? Elvis died.
Dolly Parton achieved twin success in 1981 from these six numbers – 529925 – Why? I don’t know about 529, but 925 sounds like “9 to 5,” one of her hit songs (and movies).
In 1967 which singer achieved success whilst barefoot with the song Puppet on a String and where was this success achieved? Sandie Shaw in the U.K.
What Do You Want to Make Those Eyes at Me For – means what to you and why? It means my dog wants a treat, because he can never get enough, so he makes “those eyes at me.” Lol!
In 1962 the Cryptkickers and good ol’ Bob made a huge hit what was it? “The Monster Mash.”
What is The Big O? Oprah.
Study this picture above and provide three song titles as suggestions to what they might be playing? 6 Trios for 2 Violins and Viola, Op. 36 (Antonio Bartolomeo Bruni); Terzetto in C for 2 Violins and Viola, Op. 74 (Antonin Dvorak); 3 Trios, Op. 18 (Jacques Mazas).
What inspired Edwin Starr to record the hit single Streets Of Philadelphia” (From Philadelphia) in 1994? Someone in Philadelphia who wished upon a Starr. Haha!
What truly silly song do you thoroughly enjoy listening to? Hmmm…I don’t know. 🤔
What is your favourite group for evening listening? An orchestra or string quartet or piano.
In your eyes what are three all time greats in so far as Musicals? [Provide links] I’m not a fan of musicals.
Best quote that sums up music in your eyes [only one quote] “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
Has your musical tastes changed significantly in the last twenty years and if so what do you prefer to listen to now and what were you listening to as a favourite in 1999? It really hasn’t changed. I do still listen to music from 1999 (Eminem was a favorite) and maybe early 2000s. The only popular artist right now that I like is Lady Gaga.